- Rainfall is measured by an instrument called the rain gauge.
- The day- to- day condition of the atmosphere at a place with respect to the temperature, humidity, rainfall, wind speed, etc., is called the weather at that place.
- The temperature, humidity, and other factors are called the elements of the weather.
- The average weather pattern taken over a long time, say 25 years, is called the climate of the place.
- The times of sunrise and sunset also change during the year.
- The weather is generally not the same on any two days and week after week.